You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Wintec 500 Pony All Purpose is anatomically designed for ponies and their young riders.
Secure deep seat, Changeable stirrup keeper & Super-soft panels
Available in Black or Brown in 36cm (14”), 38cm (15”) or 40cm (16")
Weight: 4.5kg / 9.9lbs
[if gte mso 9]>
For you, the rider
- A medium-deep seat in luxurious and grippy Equi-Suede, designed to offer support and enable a strong, balanced rider position.
- A shaped knee insert in grippy Equi-Suede for support of your position
- Adjustable Flexibloc system for customisable support beneath the flap of your saddle
- Ergonomic Stirrup Bar for reduced bulk under your thigh
For your horse
- World-leading performance systems, the CAIR Cushion System and EASY-CHANGE Fit Solution, offer the ultimate in ease of fitting and performance for your horse. These revolutionary systems work together to provide a custom fit and fluid cushioning to hug your horse’s individual conformation for even weight distribution over the entire length of the panel.
- A generous panel designed to ensure a large, even bearing surface with drop panel points
- A wide, even chamber to aid in achieving for clearance of your horse’s wither and spine
- Equi-Leather Grip Panel for added grip and stability under the saddle
- QUICK-CHANGE Girthing System for ease of replacing girth points
HART (Horse And Rider Technology)
The technology that makes up HARThas been proven to be transformative for horse and rider:
- Protective cushioning: CAIR Cushion System
- Precision custom fit: EASY-CHANGE Fit Solution
- Ergonomic flex: Elastiflex Tree
- Free movement: Performance panel technology
- Superior rider performance: Comfort seat technology
WintecSaddles featuring world leading performance systems, CAIR® Cushion System andEASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution, offer the ultimate in ease of fitting andperformance for your horse. These revolutionary systems work together toprovide a custom fit and fluid cushioning to hug your horse’s individualconformation for even weight distribution over the entire length of the panel.
Yourhorse will show a marked improvement in their freedom of movement, as worldleading performance systems the EASY-CHANGE Fit Solution and CAIR CushionSystem maximize your horse’s comfort and freedom of movement. Your horse willenjoy unsurpassed adaptability for an optimal fit, even weight distribution andfluid cushioning for their total comfort.
Thesesaddles are sold as standard with a Medium width (Black) Easy Change Gullet.All other gullet sizes from Narrow to Extra Wide are available on our separatelisting and are sold separately.
We strongly recommend fittingthese saddles under the guidance of a Wintec trained saddler. Please see theWintec site for a full list of approved saddlers in your area.
When trying on your saddle pleaseensure you use a clean saddlecloth and do not remove any tags. Saddles whichhave had the tags removed, been sat on, girthed up, ridden on or show any signsof use cannot be returned.
After your initial saddle fit, werecommend that you have the fit of your saddle checked within the first threemonths, as it will settle in the head during the initial riding period, as isstandard with all new saddles. Following this initial settling in period, yoursaddle fit should then be assessed every six months throughout your saddle’slife to ensure the saddle continues to fit correctly, as your horse changesshape according to its age, level of fitness and work program. It is alwaysrecommended that you seek ongoing professional advice on your horse’s saddlefit, where possible. However the following information can assist you in notonly assessing your horse’s saddle fit, but understanding when simpleadjustments should be made.
In order to check the clearance,bearing and balance of a saddle, it is important that the saddle is positionedcorrectly. All fitting adjustments and saddle alterations should be made inaccordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
Ensure your horse is standingsquare and is on level ground. Locate your horse’s shoulder and check to seethat the nail of the saddle is approximately three fingers distance from theedge of your horse’s shoulder.
Checking for sufficient clearance
Sufficient clearance of yourhorse’s wither, across the width and length of the spine, should be maintainedat all times. Check to see that the channel of the saddle is clear of yourhorse’s wither and spine through the length of the saddle.
Checking for even bearing
Your saddle should bear evenly onyour horse’s back, providing a close fit. Run your hand between your horse andthe panel of your saddle to check for even bearing. If your saddle features theCAIR Cushion System, it is important that a rider sits in the saddle to checkthe bearing, as the air becomes dynamic under the rider’s weight.
Checking for a balanced seat
Check that the deepest part ofthe saddle seat is central and level to ensure perfect saddle balance. Shouldyour saddle require further adjustments select the optimal combination ofEASY-CHANGE Risers to achieve sufficient clearance, even bearing and perfectbalance.
NB. The innovative systems in our saddles offerunsurpassed flexibility in achieving an optimal fit, however, no one saddle canclaim to fit any horse. It is always recommended you seek ongoing professionaladvice on the fit and in meeting the unique needs of each horse/ridercombination.
We are one of the largest independent retailers of Wintec in the UK and a verified premium stockist giving us access to the entire range. Our sales advisors all use these products on a daily basis so are able to offer you expert advice. If you need any assistance in selecting the right item for you or your horse please don't hesitate to contact us