You have no items in your shopping cart.
Developed by a barber in 1938 to treat human skin conditions, Original M-T-G has proven itself to be nothing short of miraculous for horse skin issues. Original M-T-G is time tested and proven. It is veterinarian recommended as the only solution needed for a variety of bacterial and fungal skin problems.
Original M-T-G treats a variety of skin problems quickly and easily with results seen as soon as a day after the very first application. Original M-T-G successfully treats the following conditions: rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heal, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing. It has been touted to work on thrush and white line disease.
'I have a horse boarded at my farm that has sweet itch. She rubs her mane and tail off every summer. A friend of mine just introduced me to your product. I just wanted to let you know it works great. I used it on her tail, which she rubbed down to the skin. I used it for a week and immediately saw results. Now her tail looks good. I also used it on her mane, which she started to rub again. I am pleased to have been introduced to your product.'
Original M-T-G has another, also miraculous, use. It will grow mane and tail hair by as much as 3 inches a month. It is tested and proven by users to grow hair length and add volume. It creates a healthy environment for the hair follicle which results in maximum hair growth while keeping the hair soft and pliable to minimize breakage. All you need to do to grow mane and tail hair is to rub a small amount once a week at the base of the mane and on the tail bone of the horse. Again, there is no need to rinse or wash off between applications.
• Shake bottle thoroughly to mix the sediment layer on bottom of bottle throughout the rest of the liquid in bottle. Continue to shake periodically during application.
• Apply directly to the problem spot using just enough to cover without applying too much and having the excess run down the horse.
• Don’t pick scabs off as it may be painful to the horse and cause slight swelling. The scabs will fall off on their own after the healthy skin grows back under the scab.
• After scratches heal on the horse’s legs, put a thin layer of Original M-T-G on the affected area before turnout in wet conditions to provide a barrier against the horse becoming re-infected.
• Do not share brushes, blankets or turnout between horses with a skin problem and those without a problem as fungal and bacterial problems are highly contagious. Wash anything that comes into contact with infected horse so you won’t re-infect him after he heals. Brushes can be washed with a bleach solution to kill the fungus or bacteria making sure to rinse well.
• The oil in Original M-T-G may make your horse sensitive to the sun and susceptible to sunburn. If the horse spends a lot of time in the direct sun you may want to apply Original M-T-G in early evening.
• Original M-T-G may produce heat when applied so you will want to be careful applying a leg wrap over top of it as it will act as a sweat.
• There is no need to wash out or rinse Original M-T-G between applications.
• Many people see the skin problem going away after just the first application.
• To grow mane or tail hair massage M-T-G into the base of the mane along the neck and on the tailbone of the horse once a week.
• When applying Original M-T-G and NEW Original M-T-G plus, more is not always better. Apply sparingly.
• A quick and easy way to eliminate the Original M-T-G “smell'' from your hands is to spray Easy-Out on your hands, rub in well and wash out the smell.
Available in 236ml or 946ml.
*please note that we are unable to send liquids in excess of 1 Litre per parcel overseas due to International Airfreight Safety Restrictions*
We are one of the largest independent retailers of Shapley's in the UK and a verified premium stockist giving us access to the entire range. Our sales advisors all use these products on a daily basis so are able to offer you expert advice. If you need any assistance in selecting the right item for you or your horse please don't hesitate to contact us.