You have no items in your shopping cart.
Nettex Electrolyte Syringe Paste Boost is rapidly absorbed to replace the vital salts Sodium, Chloride, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium which are needed for a speedy recovery and to help maintain stamina. Administer before and/or after exertion to assist stamina and endurance and promote optimal performance.
Nettex Electrolyte Syringe Paste Boost also contains Branched Chain Amino Acids (valine, leucine and isoleucine) to help reduce muscle fatigue and assist muscle recovery.
- Easy administration when a quick fix is needed.
- Ideal for competition or travelling to ‘top up’ electrolytes.
- Rapid absorption to give fast results.
- Peppermint flavoured for palatability.
- Sugar free.
Made in the UK.
Pre-exertion: Administer contents of syringe ideally 30-60 minutes before strenuous exertion.
Post exertion: Administer contents of syringe ideally within 30 minutes after strenuous exertion.
Travelling: Administer contents of syringe ideally 30-60 minutes before travelling
Can be mixed with feed, dissolved in water, or syringed orally into the mouth. Ensure clean, fresh water is also available at all times.
Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Chloride, Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine, Vitamins B6 & B12, Mint flavour.
Why feed an electrolyte supplement?
- If electrolytes are not replaced after sweating the horse will not feel thirsty and will not drink – the horse will become dehydrated. This will lead to poor performance and if this progresses it can lead to collapse.
- Normal feed and forage does not contain adequate levels of electrolytes to replace those lost through significant sweating. This is why feeding an electrolyte supplement is important.
- All sweating horses require supplementary electrolytes and are essential for optimum performance and wellbeing no matter what level or discipline.
How to feed electrolytes?
- For a one off episode of sweating (e.g. stress or travelling) – a single dose of electrolytes is likely to be effective.
- For a significant one off episode of sweating (e.g. competing in warm weather) – feed electrolytes for a few days on and after the sweating.
- For regular sweating (e.g. schooling daily during warm or hot weather) – feed electrolytes daily.
- Nettex Electrolyte Maintenance Powder and Electrolyte Maintenance Liquid are ideal for regular use.
- Nettex Electrolyte Syringe Paste Boost is ideal for one off use or as a ‘Top-up’.