You have no items in your shopping cart.
Nettex Electrolyte Maintenance Liquid has been formulated for faster absorption to rapidly replace vital salts that are lost through any form of sweating brought on from strenuous exercise, travelling or stress related conditions.
Nettex Electrolyte Maintenance Liquid is rapidly absorbed to replace the vital salts Sodium, Chloride, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium which are needed for a speedy recovery and to help maintain stamina. Administer after general sweating during hot weather or stress to maintain general health. Nettex Electrolyte Maintenance Liquid also contains Branched Chain Amino Acids (valine, leucine and isoleucine) to help reduce muscle fatigue and assist muscle recovery.
- Liquid form for faster absorption into the bloodstream.
- Peppermint flavoured for palatability.
- Can be mixed with feed, diluted in water, or syringed orally into the mouth.
- Ideal for regular use and also as a top up during competition.
- Ideal for fussy feeders that do not like powders.
Made in the UK.
Ponies: Feed 35ml once daily.
Horses (up to 575kg): Feed 50ml once daily.
Horses (over 575kg): Feed 60ml once daily.
For horses or ponies in hard work, hot weather or competition:
Ponies: Feed 35ml twice daily.
Horses (up to 575kg): Feed 50ml twice daily.
Horses (over 575kg): Feed 60ml twice daily.
Can be mixed with feed, dissolved in water, or syringed orally into the mouth. Ensure clean, fresh water is also available at all times.
Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, Dextrose, Glycine, Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine, Vitamin B12 and Mint Flavour.Advice:
- If electrolytes are not replaced after sweating the horse will not feel thirsty and will not drink – the horse will become dehydrated. This will lead to poor performance and if this progresses it can lead to collapse.
- Normal feed and forage does not contain adequate levels of electrolytes to replace those lost through significant sweating. This is why feeding an electrolyte supplement is important.
- All sweating horses require supplementary electrolytes and are essential for optimum performance and wellbeing no matter what level or discipline.
How to feed electrolytes?
- For a one off episode of sweating (e.g. stress or travelling) – a single dose of electrolytes is likely to be effective.
- For a significant one off episode of sweating (e.g. competing in warm weather) – feed electrolytes for a few days on and after the sweating.
- For regular sweating (e.g. schooling daily during warm or hot weather) – feed electrolytes daily.
- Nettex Electrolyte Maintenance Powder and Electrolyte Maintenance Liquid are ideal for regular use.
- Nettex Electrolyte Syringe Paste Boost is ideal for one off use or as a ‘Top-up’.