You have no items in your shopping cart.
The unique design of the Micklem® girth provides the optimum pressure distribution around the rib cage and equal pressure on the girth straps.
It is shaped to allow unrestricted use of the elbows and has an innovative groove to allow total comfort when using a martingale strap around the girth.
Available in Black or Brown in 55cm - 70cm
[if gte mso 9]>
Benefitsof the Micklem Comfort Girth:
1. Helps prevent uneven pressure on rib cage& girth straps: Thisgirth is cut to match the actual cone shape of the rib cage, with a smallerdiameter in front, ensuring the same pressure on both the front and back of thegirth and on the girth straps.
2. Helps prevents forward slippage: The rib cage is narrower towards thefront and, as a result, the back edge of the girth is often tighter than thefront edge. Therefore, the whole girth slips forwards, pulling the saddle
forward, causing loosening of the girth and pressure on the elbows.
3. Helps prevent elbow rubs: Pressure on the elbows is reduced,both because the girth is less likely to slip forwards and because the designfeatures a padded cutaway area, specifically placed to allow space for theelbow to move without restriction.
4. Helps prevent sideways pull onsaddle: Elasticsection at both ends ensures even pressure on both sides with no sideways pulland greater comfort.
5. Helps prevents discomfort frommartingale & allows safer attachment: An innovative groove allows the martingale strap to sit flush withoutcausing uneven pressure for maximum comfort and safety, for cross countryriding. A recessed ring is included for show jumping use.
We are one of the largest independent retailers of Horseware in the UK & a verified premium Horseware stockist giving us access to the entire Horseware range. Our sales advisors are Horseware Academy accredited & use Horseware products on a daily basis so are able to offer expert advice. If you need any assistance in selecting the right item for you or your horse please don't hesitate to contact us.