You have no items in your shopping cart.
Breathable Horse Support Boots
Pliable and flexible breathable horse support boots, allows the horse to move freely, while still benefiting from effective support.
- Soft & comfortable horse support boots, ideal for dressage and schooling but can also be used for hacking, lunging, endurance, carriage driving, as well as low level jumping.
- Made from actively breathable unique Stomatex® which replicates the way plant leaves breathes
- Extra thick soft padding supports and protects the tendons, the inside of the cannon bone, and the fetlock joint.
- Easy to fit, remove and wash
- Can be worn on front or hind legs as required
- Supplied in pair.
Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are soft & comfortable breathable horse support boots designed to offer additional support and protection to the vulnerable areas of the horse’s legs during exercise.
These versatile horse support boots are not only ideal for dressage and schooling but can also be used for hacking, lunging, showing, endurance, carriage driving, as well as low level jumping.
Ideal for horses and ponies recovering from injuries, those with joint problems such as arthritis as the soft material provides gentle cushioning over scars and splints.
The Stretch and Flex Training Wraps are available in black and white and in an array of sizes, including a ‘medium narrow‘ fit for those with finer legs, to make sure you can have the perfect fit for your horse on both front and hinds. The velcro fastenings make them quick and easy to put on and take off, giving you the support of a bandage with the convenience of a boot.
The Stretch and Flex Horse Support Boots are made from unique and breathable Stomatex which regulates the skin temperature during work. They are shaped to fit comfortably around the contours of the horse’s leg, making them ideal for horses with knocks, scars or splints, for young or big moving horses, or simply to provide extra protection around the fetlock joint.
- Extremely soft and comfortable
- Made from unique Stomatex® which replicates the way plant leaves breathes
- Offers supreme levels of support
- Provides additional support to the fetlock joint
- Extra thick soft padding protects the tendons, the inside of the cannon bone, and the fetlock joint.
- A wrap-around strap snugly supports the fetlock joint and prevents sand and grit from getting up inside the boot.
- Easy to fit, easy to wash and extremely comfortable for your horse to wear
- Can be worn on front or hind legs as required
How Stomatex® Works
The Stretch & Flex Training Wraps are made from Stomatex® – a revolutionary, unusual looking, material. The material itself mimics the way a leaf ‘breathes’ which keeps the skin free from perspiration and maintains an ideal skin temperature over an extended period of time.
The way the material works is by efficiently moving trapped vapour molecules from beneath the fabric by the flexing action of minute dome shaped chambers which contain a tiny pore in the centre. Stomatex replicates how a plant’s stomata transpires and passes vapour from inside the leaf to the atmosphere.
The chambers create a self-contained micro-climate, allowing cooler, drier air to pass through at a controlled rate and the material works as hard as you and your horse are working to maintain this constant condition. This technology is based on the laws of thermodynamics and diffusion – that heat will always transfer from a region of high temperature to a region of low temperature and that, in an attempt to regain equilibrium, water vapour will tend to move from a region of higher density to a region of lower density. This process means that Stomatex can overcome the problems of perspiration and over-heating traditionally associated with the use of closed cell foam materials such as traditional neoprene.
What other properties does Stomatex have?
As well as ‘breathing like a leaf’ Stomatex provides a unique four way stretch to enable use around mobile joints such as the fetlock and the special type of Neoprene it is made from repels external water. It is such a revolutionary material that it has been used in many different industries for many different products such as heat acclimatisation suits, padding for wheelchairs, special wetsuits and sport injury support bandages.Available in Black, Navy or White in Small, Medium Narrow, Medium, Large or XL.
We are one of the largest independent retailers of Equilibrium in the UK and a verified premium stockist giving us access to the entire range. Our sales advisors all use these products on a daily basis so are able to offer you expert advice. If you need any assistance in selecting the right item for you or your horse please don't hesitate to contact us.