You have no items in your shopping cart.
- The innovative mono flap design ensures unrivalled close contact, improved connection and communication.
- Features a comfortable, deep seat that works in partnership with the revolutionary external FlexiContourbloc, which is anatomically contoured and is adjustable, making it distinctly unique.
- The Adjustable Ergonomic Stirrup Bar has been designed to reduce the bulk under your leg and can be easily re-positioned by simply lifting the catch and sliding the bar to suit the rider’s individual position.
- Fluid cushioning for your horse’s working muscles that eliminates pressure points and distributes your weight evenly over the full bearing surface of your saddle. Even weight distribution promotes blood flow through to your horse's muscles for greater development and increased performance.
- Quilted panel points enable a closer more comfortable fit of the panel behind your horse’s shoulders.
- The Running Y-Girthing System offers the ability to achieve even pull from the front and rear of your saddle, increasing your horse’s comfort and saddle stability.
The Bates Dressage saddles feature all of the innovations and technology synonymous with high performance discipline saddles.
Luxe Leather is hand-selected from the finest calf-skin leather in the world and meticulously cared for throughout its specialised tanning process. This will guarantee exceptional performance in strength, richness of colour, ultra-soft feel and level of grip to meet the unique demands of an equestrian saddle. Your new saddle will feel exceptionally grippy, luxurious and succulent from day one, providing you with the ultimate in comfort and prestige.Available in Black or Brown in size 0 (16.5"-17"), size 1 (17"-17.5") or size 2 (17.5"-18")
Your horse will show a marked improvement in their freedom of movement, as world leading performance systems the EASY-CHANGE Fit Solution and CAIR Cushion System maximize your horse’s comfort and freedom of movement. Your horse will enjoy unsurpassed adaptability for an optimal fit, even weight distribution, a fluid cushioning and the ultimate impact absorption.
These saddles are sold as standard with a Medium width (Black)Easy Change Gullet. All other gullet sizes from Narrow to Extra Wide areavailable on our separate listing and are sold separately.[if gte mso 9]>
When trying on yoursaddle please ensure you use a clean saddlecloth and do not remove any tags.Saddles which have had the tags removed, been sat on, girthed up, ridden on orshow any signs of use cannot be returned.
After your initialsaddle fit, we recommend that you have the fit of your saddle checked withinthe first three months, as it will settle in the head during the initial ridingperiod, as is standard with all new saddles. Following this initial settling inperiod, your saddle fit should then be assessed every six months throughoutyour saddle’s life to ensure the saddle continues to fit correctly, as yourhorse changes shape according to its age, level of fitness and work program. Itis always recommended that you seek ongoing professional advice on your horse’ssaddle fit, where possible. However the following information can assist you innot only assessing your horse’s saddle fit, but understanding when simpleadjustments should be made.
In order to check theclearance, bearing and balance of a saddle, it is important that the saddle ispositioned correctly. All fitting adjustments and saddle alterations should bemade in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
Ensure your horse isstanding square and is on level ground. Locate your horse’s shoulder and checkto see that the nail of the saddle is approximately three fingers distance fromthe edge of your horse’s shoulder.
Checking forsufficient clearance
Sufficient clearanceof your horse’s wither, across the width and length of the spine, should bemaintained at all times. Check to see that the channel of the saddle is clearof your horse’s wither and spine through the length of the saddle.
Checking for evenbearing
Your saddle shouldbear evenly on your horse’s back, providing a close fit. Run your hand betweenyour horse and the panel of your saddle to check for even bearing. If yoursaddle features the CAIR Cushion System, it is important that a rider sits inthe saddle to check the bearing, as the air becomes dynamic under the rider’sweight.
Checking for abalanced seat
Check that thedeepest part of the saddle seat is central and level to ensure perfect saddlebalance. Should your saddle require further adjustments select the optimalcombination of EASY-CHANGE Risers to achieve sufficient clearance, even bearingand perfect balance.
NB. The innovativesystems in our saddles offer unsurpassed flexibility in achieving an optimalfit, however, no one saddle can claim to fit any horse. It is alwaysrecommended you seek ongoing professional advice on the fit and in meeting theunique needs of each horse/rider combination.
We are one of the largest independent retailers of Bates in the UK and averified premium stockist giving us access to the entire range. Our salesadvisors all use these products on a daily basis so are able to offer youexpert advice. If you need any assistance in selecting the right item for youor your horse please don't hesitate to contact us.